Security personnel and first responders may be scarce in times of an emergency, hence a variety of vehicle types are often deployed to cover vast areas in such a situation. Public security forces are increasingly adopting vehicle area networks that combine wireless connectivity and application processing for essential communication. For this reason, first responders are using rugged mobile computers with their vehicle communications hub that includes high levels of connectivity to help them receive instant alerts in emergencies. Connectivity options must include access to the likes of digital radio, 4G LTE, WiFi, and BT technology.
PB Tech and Winmate Inc developed rugged mobile computers that are used alongside a vehicle communication hub. Pairing rugged mobile computers with a vehicle area network means security personnel can stay connected for mission-critical scenarios. Currently, these devices serve the police force and field workers around New Zealand.
Combining rugged mobile devices with a vehicle communications hub means that you can stay connected and use a multitude of mobile apps, or even use the device as a mobile hotspot.
About PB TECH
Founded in 1993, PB Tech is 100% New Zealand owned and is also currently New Zealand's largest computing and I.T. retailer with stores and service centers located throughout the country offering great prices on computing and technology hardware.
About Winmate Inc
Founded in 1996, Winmate Inc. is a pioneer in rugged computing technology with more than 20 years of experience providing businesses worldwide with rugged solutions made for extreme industrial conditions. From rugged tablet PCs to industrial panel PCs to vehicle-mounted computers, Winmate also provides dedicated after-sales support with its service centers around the world.
- Critical Communications Platform – Having a wireless communications platform is critical for first-responders, public security personnel, and field workers to respond quickly to emergencies. Whether it’s crime, natural disaster, or critical infrastructure failure, a mobile communications platform will help improve both worker and civilian safety.
- Access the Web in Any Location (Mobile Hotspot) – In the event of a vehicle breakdown or on-duty accidents in remote locations where connectivity is an issue, rugged mobile computers can be used to access the web in any location where the vehicle itself can be used as a mobile hotspot.
5" Rugged Mobile Computer, E500 Series
An Android-based Industrial Rugged Mobile Computer that’s Modern and Highly Configurable.
Winmate's E500 Series Rugged Mobile Computer is an enterprise-class PDA that functions as a powerful mobile computing solution. Its pocket-sized design and rugged build bring a new level of flexibility to workers on-the-move, providing businesses with increased productivity and instant communication capabilities.
The E500 packs WLAN, BT, GPS, and WWAN function - all into a single device. With great wireless connectivity, this product features advanced data collection tools and replaceable batteries for improved productivity.
Why Winmate: Rugged Mobile Computers
- Always Connected: Rugged mobile computers pack the latest BT technology, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, GPS, and WWAN features into a single device.
- Real-Time Alerts: Field workers, first responders, and security personnel can share and receive info instantly.
- Rugged Build: with a failproof IP65 housing for dust and water resistance and MIL-STD-810G standards for shock, drop, and vibration.
- Built-to-Survive: can operate under extreme temperatures -10oC to 50oC and humidity levels 10%-90% RH.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: devices can be shared across multiple shifts through high-capacity batteries and a hot-swap design for 24/7 work output.
- PCAP Multi-Touchscreen: featuring a sunlight-readable display and touchscreen that can be used in the rain or with gloves.
The E500 Rugged Mobile Computer series is an enterprise-class solution that allows public security personnel quick and easy access to the control center via digital radio for immediate backup.
*Application diagram for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary due to product enhancement.
For more information about rugged mobile computers and vehicle area network solutions, contact Winmate (Worldwide) or PB Tech (Australia and New Zealand)