The Internet of Things (IoT) is transforming the retail industry with interconnected digital devices. This digitalization's enhancement on security and customer journey has made retailers prefer IoT over traditional solutions. From making payments, searching for goods, and shopping, customers now want their purchases to be entire experiences. As a result, an increasing number of traditional retail stores have evolved into intelligent stores, which help collect data about customers' tastes and preferences in real-time and analyze user behaviors for future reference when making any strategies.
- G-WIN Slim IP65 with P-Cap Display and Panel PC
- PT-Series HMI Display and Panel PC
- P-CAP Open Frame Panel PC
- Intuitive multi-touch experience
The POS terminals will need to be engineered with P-CAP multi-touch technology to allow any individual to operate the interactive HMIs with ease.
- Combination of aesthetics, performance and ruggedness
Apart from the functions and extensibilities a kiosk can cope with, the aesthetics plays a significant role in encouraging user interaction. The aesthetic impression influences a passerby’s decision of whether to engage or not. Meanwhile, the devices will be installed either indoor or outdoor, subject to often shock, vibration and water splits, meaning the HMIs should be rugged enough to keep working 24/7. Creating a device combining a stylish look, high performance and excellent durability is essential especially in retail industry.
- Various data collection methods
The HMI should ship with plentiful I/O interfaces to help conquer the challenge of adding to the kiosks multiple external devices such as camera, printer, and more. On the other hand, configurable data collection methods including built-in Barcode Scanner, RFID/ NFC reader, and MSR/ Smart Card Reader help improve the efficiency of data capturing for POS and payment applications in retail stores, coffee shops and restaurants.
- Slim, edge-to-edge design with an elegant look
- Ruggedness tested to fulfill Defence standard for drop, vibration and shock resistance, and is IP65 rated for water and dust protection.
- High extendibility for versatile data collection methods